Currently, the University of California is boycotting Elsevier journals due to the onerous charges. In my field, that includes several journals such as:
- Cell, Cell Reports, Cell Stem Cell
- European Journal of Medical Genetics
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Molecular Therapy
- Trends in Genetics
Here’s a list from 2012 of Elsevier journals under boycott previously.
I am studying alternative journals with similar focus. A few publishers that colleagues have mentioned are:
- Nature (NG, Nat Med, Genetics in Medicine,…)
- BMC (BMC Genomics)
- Biomed Central (Genome Biology,
- AAAS (Science, STM, …)
- CSHL (Genome Research)
- Oxford Univ Press (Bioinformatics, Nucleic Acids Research)
- AMA (JAMA)
I will try and update as I find more.